Mar 7, 2013

MUSIC


My iTunes library
For some, it's a remedy (if you don't know what I am talking about, then you must have missed my post on 'Cures for the Wounded'), for some, it's entertainment. Ah! And for some, it's work (and money). Music is one of the most diverse industries in the world. Through music, we get to know other people's cultures, thoughts, emotions, stories and experiences. Even as I blog right now, I am listening to music (if you care to know, it's Imagine Dragons' It's Time). Listening to music allows me to calm down and to think of more ideas (and ultimately, pen good posts to quench your thirst of reading).

MY EXPERIENCE
Nah, I am not an expert in music. And I will just admit that I don't have a beautiful voice. But when I was young, I attended piano lessons. Of course, I know the basic 'Do Re Mi'. Anything more than that, I can't handle. But frankly, I love music. I listen to songs when I study, before I retire to bed, or even when I have nothing to do. If you want to know my preference in music, you can look at my iTunes library above. Simple, touching, or meaningful songs usually work for me.

Sometimes when I am chatting with my friends, we will share the songs we like listening to and discuss about them. It just feels great!

MISUSING MUSIC
How so? We can see people like to include negative elements in their songs. Since music is a very powerful tool to relay messages to the public, they can easily get influenced by the negative memes present in the music they are listening to. Let's take Justin Bieber's 'Beauty and A Beat' for example. If you listen carefully to Nicki Minaj's rap in the song, you will be surprised to know that explicit issues are inserted fearlessly (and shamelessly).

It's also sad to know that some even misuse music to defame other people, or to pollute the reputation of one's country (if you know who I'm talking about). This kind of misuse degrades the importance of music in our life. It causes turbulence to the peace everyone is trying so hard to maintain. It raises disagreements and hatred among the people.

CONCLUSION
Music is something we need in our life. Ever since we were young, music helped develop our mind. Dramas need music for better effects. The country needs music to raise patriotism. No matter how we look at it, music is here to stay for as long as humanity lasts...

Psst! Share your favourite songs below!

No comments:

Post a Comment