Jan 28, 2013

Consumer is KING

Well, is it? I have doubt. I have seen a great many salesmen and saleswomen 'decorating' their faces with sour and sombre expressions (it's not like I owe them money, or anything!). I thought each and every consumer deserves the best of products and services, no?

Let's put products aside. I have too many complaints about the services I have been receiving so far. I can still remember there was once when my mum and I were having breakfast in a café, that fool of  a waitress shouted at my mum, "RM 9!" At first, we thought that she was worried that we might not pay (since there were too many people and someone might try slip away anytime) and let it slide. But when she returned to pass us the change, she literally threw it in front of us (and got a good shout from my mum, served her right!). Ever since then, we have not visited that café.

Supermarkets also hold a lot of people deserving reprimands. The very incident that got me throwing the goods I was carrying at the cashier was when she yelled at me and asked me to push the trolley back to where it was from (it was other people's trolley, I carried a basket). I did not pay, nor did I reclaimed the groceries I threw at her.

Now, the entrée, an incident that happened in a hut (you should be able to guess this) that sells pizza. My family invited my mother's friend's family for a lunch at that hut. First, the waitress took our orders (she did not record anything down), and got them wrong, we bore with it. Next, when I ordered some ice cubes, she said, "Sorry, we don't have anymore ice cubes." Hahaha (a sarcastic laugh)! No more ice cubes in that hut that sells pizza? I swallowed my lunch with my fists clenched.

Are consumers king? You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment