Jan 17, 2013

A Bond Built On Conversations

Ehr... please do not misunderstand me. I know the title sounds like I met someone through a chatting website. She is a good friend of mine. I never knew her until I was in Form 4 (I am not going to say how I came to know her). She is from another class. We seldom meet each other.

But we got involved in the same co-curricular activity (no, I refuse to tell you what activity it was). Through conversations, I came to discover more about her views and thoughts (important for me to judge a person, I don't judge a book by its cover). She is (now, still) gentle, kind and has low self-esteem. She does not know how valuable a friend she is to me and some of my other friends.

She was (back to past tense) always there to support us (my friends and I), quietly. She did not stand in the limelight, but rather, she operated the limelight, so that it shone on her friends. There were times when I disagreed with her opinions, but that was what got me thinking more than I did.

We also found ourselves competing against each other sometimes. I felt fun and motivated to be with her. She pushed me beyond my limits to make me a better person (unintentionally).

I often tease her (I just did it on Facebook) but deep in my heart, I respect her, a lot. I am not sure if she could feel my respect, probably not, since I am good at hiding things (but I usually forget where I hid them). I am not going to name her, but I am going to give her a sign here, maybe she will know that I am talking about her. ~Sb~, got it?

No comments:

Post a Comment