Jan 18, 2013

Of Soil, Water and Sun


A simple analogy: I am a small plant with few small, photosynthetic leaves. Germinated from a seed planted into the soil, I get plenty of water from the rain and surrounding moisture. Most importantly, I get sufficient sunlight 12 hours daily. All of these factors contributed to my growth and development.

Hmm... I am not trying to teach anyone Biology here. This is a perfect introduction to illustrate the people around me. 

The soil represents my family, water represents my teachers and the sun, my friends.  My family nurtures me with nutrients (which means feed) and support (moral, financial, you name it). They are always by my side, through thick and thin. They give me the love that I need and the warmth that I yearn for. And they never ask anything in return, just like the soil, staying low at the root of a plant. I love them, and I can't imagine how I can ever live without them (don't bring up things like hydroponics and aeroponics, I am getting really emotional here, don't start!).

My teachers are like water. They pour valuable knowledge at me (thanks!). Sometimes, they reprimand me (for my own good), just like how the rain will occasionally tear the leaves of a plant apart. But I know they care for me, I know they have my best interests in mind. They guide me and shape me into who I am today. 

My friends are like the sun. They cheer me up, bringing endless joy into my life, though at times, we get into arguments (you can say that a plant will suffer a great deal when the sun becomes mercilessly hotter than usual). Ah... it's great to have them in my life!

Endless guidance from them brought me up. Now, I am ready to stand in storms' way. Thank you, Soil, Water and Sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment