Jan 2, 2013

Welcoming 2013

Personally, I think this is one of the most not-so-awesome new year for me. I was so bored on 31/12/12 that I started counting down to 2013 from 5 p.m. alone in my living room. When the clock struck 12, I could only see a couple of fireworks reigning the night sky before it turned completely dark in my neighbourhood. The next day when I woke up, I watched several live new year performances in England through TV (England always celebrates new year 8 hours later than us).

How did I celebrate new year? Ermm... I watched Tai Chi Hero (google it if you don't know), cooked two bowls of Maggi Laksa for breakfast (one for my mum and one for myself). The rest of the day, I tried to come up with the rest of my story (CHASE, you can read the two parts that I have posted down here ↓). 

Ah, forget about what I did. Let me tell you about my new year resolutions:
  1. Lose weight. I used to be (alright! I am still) a corpulent guy. Actually I have been trying to lose weight just before my SPM (ate less) and I am glad to have some success (from 76kg to 71kg). I hope to bring the number all the way down to 65kg (I think I can hear you saying, "Ceh~ Impossible". Hey! Don't be so discouraging!)
  2. Work on my English. After SPM, I think half of the English 'library' in my brain has been corrupted. I have a hard time coming up with suitable words sometimes while I am blogging. I think I will start by re-reading the seven instalments of Harry Potter books and some crime stories by Henning Mankell. Should listen to more BBC news, too!
  3. Learn to cook. Well, I can easily come up with a plate of nasi pattaya, but I still have difficulties in preparing dishes of meat and vegetables. Guess I need to join my mother more frequently while she cooks. 
  4. Drive carefully. I am going to learn driving tomorrow. If I were able to pass the driving test later, I will try to make sure I don't cause any trouble on the roads (I often drive into other cars while playing 'Real Racing')
There you go, my new year resolutions. Hope I can achieve them!

No comments:

Post a Comment