Feb 14, 2013

Observing Valentine's

Happy Valentine's Day! I know, I know, it's been quite a while since I last updated my blog. So for those who are regulars here (and always support my posts, either by believing in what I believe or giving me a lot of 'Likes'), I apologise.

Now, the story. As you all know (for those who don't, now you do), I am single and available. Naturally, I do not have a lover to spend this year's Valentine's Day with (and next year's, and the year after next's, I am quite sure). So, I took on the job to observe how people around me celebrate this adorable day.


Nah, you definitely would have guessed this, but I will just say what I saw. Lovers had their arms locked together. If the girls (no offence, as usual!) had worn police uniform, I would have really believed that they were indeed fierce policewomen chasing after bandits. I mean, the arm-locking they performed was such that the boys will have zero chance of escaping. But of course, the girls all had their best smiles carved on their faces.

I don't know about you, but I nearly vomited when I saw a boy (definitely a boy!) helping to wipe the bread crumbs off his girlfriend's lips (at Kenny Rogers). Maybe because I have never fallen in love with somebody before, but that incident really got me covered in gooseflesh (I am not exaggerating!).

The air smelled of money, money and ... just money. Old and young, regardless of their genders, spent like armageddon has arrived. Some flash their cards, some flash their purple notes (for those of you who are not Malaysian, our RM 100 note is purple in colour. Note that RM 100 = USD 32.362 @ February 14, 2013, 7.30 PM UTC +08:00). I am sure some of them spent beyond their limits.

Well, to be frank with you, I was starting to get sick of the whole Valentine's Day thingy until I saw an adorable couple with adorable clothes on. The boy wore a black tee with 'I LOVE HER' written on it while the girl wore a matching tee with 'I LOVE HIM' on it. That shy couple didn't walk hand in hand. They were, as I can see, quite conservative. I can't help but wish them a sincere Happy Valentine's Day.

Now, how did you spend yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment