Dec 23, 2012

Facebook Fanatic

Are you a Facebook Fanatic? There are several ways to confirm that:

1. You start your day by accessing your Facebook account.
2. You think that you can find enough information for your assignments by visiting other people's pages.
3. You post any picture of yourself right after you take them.
4. You found this post through Facebook. (Yeah, I posted the links on my page!)

The Facebook login page.
Yup, I have a Facebook account. But I don't spend my day playing FarmVille or chatting with people 24/7. And I definitely do not post all of my pictures to FB. I created an account out of curiosity, actually, and trust me, I do not post my thoughts on it. I post only necessary news. Haha :)

You see, I was shopping the other day in The Spring in Kuching. When I entered Starbucks after I shopped, I saw customers's eyes glued to the screen of their computers, tablets and smartphones. Hey, I am not exaggerating!

I had no intention to intrude their privacy but as I walked to the counter to order my drinks, I could see that blue band with an 'F' at the top left corner occupying the top of their screens. I certainly do not have a 20/20 eyesight but I knew that was Facebook. I couldn't help but felt like throwing up, seeing several groups of people sitting at the same table without talking to each other. Their sights were conquered by Mark Zuckerberg's invention.

Mark first invented FB for students. It did help to connect people and make sharing information so much easier, but people are misusing them. They post weird pictures (you will definitely know what I mean even if you skip Bio classes), some go on to curse people, start a fight. One classmate of mine (I wouldn't call her my friend) cursed my teacher on her page. Things went chaotic... Well, that is still their privacy, not up to me to write here.

Anyways, there are too many kinds of people on this planet. And you can imagine what happens when all these different kinds of people are connecting using the same social network.

Ah, I heard the other day that people interviewing for jobs nowadays get their pages viewed by their employer-to-be. I wonder what Facebook does when it employs people, I mean it has this privacy policy thing to abide by.

Continued from the list above: 5. You return to Facebook after you finish this sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment