Dec 23, 2012

Ladies First?

Let's talk about gender equality today. You know, in many films, I always see self-proclaimed 'gentlemen' posing a nice gesture to invite the ladies to have their turn first in whatever they do. Yeah, I said film. I can hardly see that happening in real life. This 'Ladies First' stuff is a really, really wide umbrella that covers a lot of aspects in our life, not just when you need to evacuate a sinking ship will you apply this concept.


Ladies, or females, are born to be protected and loved, not feared or hated. They are born to be respected and praised. This, I think is a truth people fail to see. To talk about LF is to talk about how to make them happy and feel appreciated. We (yes, me included) always talk about females being beautiful or ugly. I regret that. Each female is special, and beautiful, in her own way. And only those who truly love them will see this beauty.

Makeup, another field. I personally think that girls do not need to apply layers of makeup that thick (wouldn't be exaggerating if I say 'as thick as the Earth's crust'), so much so that their expression become so unnatural and doll-like. I once asked a girl I know (I call her big sis), "Why do girls like making up?" The reply was as simple as, well, "Because the boys like it." Do we? Well, but I don't. I think it is pure torture for the girls to paint on those powder and so on.

Of course, they, and the boys need to do everything to maintain their hygiene. However, those makeups are redundant. Take a cleansing cloth and wipe them off. I think it is great to show people your original looks. What God gives us is always the best. If you read my first post, I talked about my physical disadvantage, but looking on the bright side, there might be a reason why I became that way. And I really pity those who eventually turn to plastic surgery. If you haven't get your face done, girls, don't do it, be confident of your appearance. If you've, stop! No further changes.

Now, move on the career opportunities. Many societies still think that having women as their leaders is an unacceptable fact. Well, I agree (I am talking primarily about married woman). Please do not misunderstand me. There are several reasons that taught me to think that way. First, families need their mothers. Commitment of mothers often gives rise to better families, better communities and finally, better countries. Why? Because of love. Men need their wives love, children need their mother's love. So, instead of pouring love onto your career, pour them on your family!

Ultimately, women do not have to be the leader of a country or organisation physically, but mentally. See where I am coming from? You do not need your name as leader on a piece of paper, girls, you should have your name on people's mind and heart.

Updated: 26 December 2012
p/s: Someone attacked me yesterday, saying that Ms Park Gun Hae from South Korea became president, so I changed my statement above to married women to clarify my stand... haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment