Dec 21, 2012

K-POP Indulgence

I recently went to Kuching for my holiday. Guess what? I could hear that 'Gangnam Style' thingy wherever I go. I admit that I have no rights to shout at the vendors for playing that song, but I have every right to have some peace when I do shopping. Definitely a mental torture! I am not only targeting PSY's global hit song, but all other songs.


Nah, if I go on to badmouth those songs, thousands (if indeed someone is reading this post) of people reading this post are going to condemn me, trace my address (please, don't!) and come to me, throwing eggs and stones. But this is what I have to say, before you go and mimic those weird dances, go and understand the lyrics first. Most of them are talking about love, being sexy and so on. They contain nothing educational, nothing!

However, the biggest thing that disturbs me is how those singers are dressing up themselves, men and women alike. It is so disgusting. It is like they have no more cloths to be used to design their costumes. Remember how the Zion dressed in Matrix? Hey, cover your belly buttons at least! Women like to expose their thighs (come on, some thighs are as thick as that of elephants) and men like to expose their abs. Fans start to fantasise unhealthy stuff... and crimes erupt like crazy!

But I do not dislike or even hate these singers. In fact, I pity them (I mean it). To me, they are being used to suck up fans' money. These stars are forced (which means they were not given a choice, unless they wish to quit, that is) to dress like that and sing songs as said by their managing companies. These bosses hide themselves behind the little cloths these celebrities have and work like puppeteers. They pull the strings without exposing their faces and soon enough, notes stack up in their accounts.

How long will these 'idols' last? Look back at the past idols. When age catches up with them, they can no longer dance. Their names start to be forgotten. They lose popularity and earn less, and they become trapped in mental illnesses. Pity... And their bosses lose nothing. They throw away the old ones and find new ones. Again, notes stack up in their accounts.

And the fans are being used as well! They listen to empty songs and watch empty dances and pay... That is their job, pay! Youngsters, especially, fish out notes ferociously from their pockets to get empty entertainment. Do they realise that their parents have to work super hard for each cent? Bet they don't.

If you study carefully, many of those songs have the same rhythm for some parts, same lyrics and same dances. People are paying up just for watching the same things over and over again. No one will care about what I say. They will rather spend more time in front of their TV screens to watch these empty entertainment.

Only when old, ripe age hit them will they realise that they have spent their youth foolishly. Absolutely, no offence!

Here, here. Visit YouTube to listen to healthier symphonies: Cavalleria Rusticana, Pangea by CJ van Brakel, Moonlight Sonata. These songs can definitely do some good washing disgusting images off your brain. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment